Physical therapy is a form of health care that prevents, identifies, corrects and alleviates acute or prolonged movement dysfunction. It is concerned with human function, movement, and maximising potential, it uses physical approaches to promote, maintain and restore physical, psychological and social well being, taking account of variations in health status.
Services provided includes
- Assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders such as Osteoarithritis Knee, Back/ other spinal problems, Frozen shoulder, Tennis Elbow, Ankle Sprain and other neurological disorders.
Gynaec and Obstetric care includes
- Prenatal preparatory exercises for those planning for pregnancy
- Antenatal exercises including Postural education, Do’s and Dont’s and also handles associated problems that causes discomfort during pregnancy which include back pain, Incontinence, Nerve Compression Syndromes, Circulatory Disorders like Varicose veins, Muscle Cramps, etc..
- Postnatal care and exercise programmes including Wound Management. Postnatal exercise programme has been divided into three phases.
- Initial (Day1 - 45)
- Intermediate (For next two months)
- Advanced Exercise (Returning to normal activities)
- Post Operative Gynaecological rehabilitation
- Paediatric Care including Chest Physical Therapy, Assessment and Management for developmental delay, Orthopaedic/Neurological problems.
- Exercise Therapy including Teaching personalised exercise programme for elderly, obesity and weight reduction, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, etc..
- In Patient Care
- Electrotherapeutic Modalities for pain relief/Muscle re-education